Published: 03 January 2023
Last Updated: 06 January 2023
3rd.International Cartoon Contest Denizli Metropolitan Municipality/Turkey,2023
Theme:Healthy Life & Sports
Deadline:March 5th,2023 on Sunday
We all know that doing sports is a must if we want to stay healthy and live a healthy life. Both scientific data and the health-related situations we experience show how much a healthy life is connected with sports.
Sports: Sports is the body’s protector against many diseases like cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, blood pressure, joint and muscle ailments, stress and depression. It contributes to many conditions, from increasing human energy and mobility to increasing body resistance, as well as supporting the treatments we receive. Scientific data has proven this. Therefore, doing sports regularly improves one's mood while also providing a long and healthy life.
As Denizli Metropolitan Municipality, while contributing to modern urbanization, we also made great efforts to ensure a healthy urbanization. Nowadays, we know the importance of sports in order to stay healthy, to be protected from diseases and to regain the health that we have lost. We act with the awareness that we can provide a quality life to our people only if quality physical structuring is supported by parks, green areas, sports fields and sports venues. While creating professional sports facilities, implementing sportsman training projects, and providing free sustainable opportunities for our citizens to do sports, we are also building sports halls, sports fields, walking paths, swimming pools and increasing the number of them day by day.
As I emphasized above, we know that a healthy life is possible with the sustainability of sports. The reason why we have determined the subject as "Healthy Life and Sports" is to bring this issue to the agenda again and to contribute to the awareness of our people.
We wish success to all our artists by expressing our belief that you will help us with your interesting and original cartoons on this subject.
Denizli Metropolitan Municipality
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The topic of the contest: Healthy Life and Sports
3.The contest is open to amateur and professional cartoonists all over the world.
4. It is not required that the cartoons which will be sent to the contest have been published or not in previous contests. However, the cartoons you will send must not have been awarded in another contest before. Cartoons that the selection committee (jury) deems the same or similar or the ones specified as another cartoonist’s belonging by the committee will not be evaluated.
5.You can participate in the contest with maximum three cartoons.
6. Cartoonists will send their cartoons digitally to our contest. Every cartoon must be in A4 size, between 150-300 dpi, JPEG format and minumum 1 MB maximum 10 MB capacity.
7. Some cartoons which will be choosen from among the received cartoons by the jury will be collected in a cartoon album. The works of cartoon deemed worthy to be exhibited will also be displayed whenever and whereever Denizli Metropolitan Municipality deems suitable. No fee will be paid for the works of cartoon choosen by the jury for the exhibition and the album.
8. One-night accommodation and meal expenses of the winners of the cartoon contest will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
9. Selection committee (The Jury Members):
* Serhat Akbulut (Assistant General Secretary)
* Hüdaverdi Otaklı (Head of Culture and Social Affairs Department) - Coordinator
* Arif Duru (Director of Culture and Art)
* Samet Başer (Director of Tourism and Publicity)
* Şevket Yalaz (Cartoonist)
* Savaş Ünlü (Humourist)
* Mehmet Selçuk (Cartoonist)
* Abdülkadir Uslu (Cartoonist)
* Altan Özeskici (Cartoonist)
* Ali Şur (Cartoonist)
* Kübra DELİGÖZ (Cartoonist).
First Prize Winner: 10.000 TL
Second Prize Winner: 7.000 TL
Third Prize Winner: 5.000 TL
Honorable Mention (3 pieces of prize): 3.500 TL
The Prize for Under 18 Years Old (3 pieces of prize): 2.000 TL.
11. The Calendar of Contest:
A.The deadline of application for the contest is 05 March 2023, 12.00 (a.m) on Sunday.
B.The evaluation meeting of the jury will be conducted on 11 March 2023 and 12 March 2023.
D. Prize-giving Ceremony: Prize-giving ceremony and exhibition will be organized in Turan Bahadır Exhibition Hall on 05 May 2023 (on Friday). (The date and the location of the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition can be changed by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.)
12. No matter cartoons get reward or not, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality will become right owner to use all cartoons providing that participants’ names are clearly mentioned, in accordance with the law No.5846.
The participants will have accepted that the rights of use their works will be transferred to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality free of charge to be used in all activities, promotions, events and trainings of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
In addition, The Municipality has rights of use their works for providing materials such as poster, catalogue, brochure, gifted book and etc. and publishing in the media.
Furthermore, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality has also the rights of use their works to reproduce, disseminate, distribute and demonstrate.
The works of the participant, which received or did not receive an award, can be used in print media, radio and television and also other mass media in accordance with the purposes of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality, from the moment of the delivery.
Moreover, participants accept and undertake that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality takes over the rights of use the their works by means of broadcasts on the internet, brochures, catalogues, agendas, posters, CDs, DVDs and each digital media or calendars.
13. The participant declares that the work sent to the contest belongs entirely to herself/himself. Due to this work, the participant undertakes that she/he is the sole and absolute addressee of the requests of third parties that may arise from Law No:5846 (Intellectual and Artistic Works) and other laws. Besides, the participant also accepts that the legal and criminal responsibility for the work belongs entirely to himself/herself. In addition, the participant undertakes that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality does not have any legal and criminal liability regarding the matters forementioned (the right of recourse to the owner of the work is reserved).
The right of the works belongs to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality as the organizing institution of the contest and the owner of the work.
14. Participants are deemed to have already accepted the terms & conditions of the contest and jury decisions. If disagreements between Denizli Metropolitan Municipality and contestant arise in regards to undefined matters in the agreement or in case of doubt, the selection committee (jury) will arbitrate between both sides. In case of disagreement, this commitee will be authorized.
15. Contact Information:
Kübra Deligöz (Artist of Culture and Social Affairs Department /Cartoonist)
Mobile: +90 (554) 647 26 85
Telephone central: +90 (258) 280 20 20
Address: Denizli Büyükşehir Belediyesi, Altıntop Mahallesi, Lise Sokak, No:2
Postalcode: 20100 Denizli
1. Accommodation, transportation (bus tickets) and meal expenses of the award winning participants living outside of Denizli will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
S: Transportation will be provided for only within the borders of Turkey.
2. Accommodation, transportation (bus tickets) and meal expenses of award winning minors and one of his/her parents will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
3. Transportation (bus tickets) and accommodation expenses of the jury members who wish to attend the prize-giving ceremony will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
4. The prizes of the award winning participants will be sent to their addresses if they can’t attend the prize-giving ceremony and their prize money will be transffered to their bank account. If a right owner getting prize money doesn’t share their IBAN informations, his/her prize money right will expire one year after the date of announcing the results. If the condition of expiration happens, the right owner can’t claim any right about a reward, copyright, etc. (Transfer fees will be deducted from the net fee paid to the contestants.)
5. Among the received cartoons, some of them will be chosen and collected in a digital album by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality. This album will be shared on the official website of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.