Published: 10 February 2023
Last Updated: 11 February 2023
Call Of INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST AREQUIPA /Peru,2023
DEADLINE:JULY 23, 2023
ETHICS, another weapon against corruption
INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST AREQUIPA 2023
For centuries and for different circumstances and factors, our societies have been corroded by a terrible scourge: corruption. This evil is embedded in all levels and spaces where human values are deteriorated or do not exist, conditioning our growth in every way. There is an antidote for this type of pollution of the spirit that can be enormously effective if it is applied and cultivated since childhood. We refer to ETHICS.
That is why the objective of this competition is to add particular and group efforts, private or state, to achieve and/or enhance individual and collective development, with integrity and freedom. CARTA DE TINTA, the INTERNATIONAL IDEA INSTITUTE, and the ALIANZA FRANCESA AREQUIPA on their 70th anniversary, invite you to participate in this event with the warm welcome of all the people of Arequipa and all Peruvians.
1. All illustrator and cartoonists who live in any part of our Mother Earth, amateur or professionals from 18 to 120 years old regardless civil status, religion or sex can participate. Members of the Contest Organizing Committee can not participate.
2. The theme on which the works should be inspired is ETHICS, another weapon against corruption
3. Each participant may submit a maximum of 3 illustrations without dialogues, speech or text balloons. The works may or may not have achieved any mention or award in other similar events, but they should be original and belong to the author who send them, it means, copies and/or plagiarism identified by the jury will be disqualified immediately.
4. The technique is totally free, in color or in black and white, and the delivery will be digital, in 21cm x 30cm, in JPG (horizontal or vertical), in RGB colors and in high definition (300dpi). The name of each file can be in Spanish or English, and will be composed of the name of the author, country of origin, and title of the work. Example: Pepe Sanmartin_Peru_ethics for all.
5. Attach to each work a Word document in which the title of the work, the name of the author, email, a telephone number, address and country of origin will be indicated, as well as a brief curriculum (no more than 15 lines), a personal photo and a thumbnail of the work. 6. The deadline to send the works is July 23, 2023. And they must be sent to the following address:
7. Prizes and awards guaranteed by our sponsors:
FIRST PRIZE USD 800.= + diploma SECOND PRIZE USD 400.= + diploma THIRD PRIZE USD 200.= + diploma HONORABLE MENTION (which the jury may consider convenient) diploma The results will be announced on August 25, 2023, within the framework of a discussion on ETHICS, and the inauguration of the traveling exhibition with the most important works of the contest in the ALLIANCE FRANCESA Arequipa GALLERY.
They will also be officially published in:
8. The jury will be integrated by five members, all of them are important and well recognized national and international cartoonist. Their decision is unappealable.
9. If after the jury’s decision, a plagiarism or copy of other work is detected in any of the participating works, the author or authors will assume all the legal responsibility that the situation demands them, as well as the disqualification and return of the prize if the work had been awarded.
10. The most important works will be part of the traveling exposition which will be in different showrooms in Cusco and Peru. A major selection of participant illustrations will be part of the virtual catalogue.
11. The author accepts all conditions mentioned in this rules and waives copyrights of the illustration to the competition Organization to use it in different publications including audiovisual applications related to International Cartoon Contest LA SONRISA INCA.
Chairman of the Contest Organizing Committe