First International Cartoon/ Caricature Contest on Zakariya Razi
Theme: ZAKARIYA RAZI FOR THE 21ST CENTURY: His Legacy in Science, Art, and Modern Culture.
The Contest At a Glance
Who can participate?
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists above the age of 12 are welcome to participate in this contest.
The last date for submissions of cartoons/ artwork is 30th April, 2022.
Rules & Regulations
• Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are welcome to participate in this contest.
• The competition is open to all individuals aged over 12 * (Corrigendum)
Works must be originals.All graphic techniques are allowed.
Works may be black & white or colored.
Each entry should include a covering letter with the cartoonist’s full name,postal address, contact no. and E-Mail ID.
Please mention the artist’s name and country with the artwork.
The digital works have to be sent in JPEG format with a minimum of resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3543 pixels).
The cartoons are to be drawn in A4 format.
(maximum size of 3 MB per cartoon) for digital cartoons
Number of entries per contestant maximum three
Cartoons sent by post need to have the name and address of the cartoonist on the back-side of each cartoon.
The original versions of the cartoons will be accepted.
The organizer (RAZI MUSEUM) cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged cartoons during the shipment.
Works should not be awarded at other festivals.
Works must not be older than one year.
The Razi Prizes will be taxed according to legislation.
• The postal address for sending the selected works will be announced after the completion of the museum building
• All rights to the works created and submitted to the festival will go to the Razi museum
• Submitted works should not be displayed anywhere and are only allowed to be published in the Razi Museum and Razi Mobile Exhibitions
• The works are published in the museum’s year-end book and sent to major museums around the world
• People who submit works and resumes at festivals are given the priority of collaborating with the Razi Prize.
People participating in the annual festivals as collaborators have the chance to work with the museum.
For example, these people have the priority of receiving a museum card as a collaborating artist.
At the discretion of the museum, according to the need of the Razi Prize, works of art are ordered to be created and purchased from them.
• Participants in each course will be invited to the Museum’s raffle for the workshop, along with accommodation and catering.
• The final decision is with the museum and no objections will be accepted
• We invite you to participate in the annual events and pay tribute to the valuable services of the great scientist Zakaria Razi by creating works.
Razi has taken useful steps for humanity and the world owes it to him
Razi was a capable and dynamic artist and served the world and humanity honestly and unconditionally with a high artistic spirit.
Deadline for submission of Cartoons / Art work is 30th April 2022.
• The content, thoughts and views expressed in the creatives / illustrations will be sole responsibility of the participating Artists.
RAZI MUSEUM will not be held responsible for any content, views expressed by the artists in the creatives / illustrations developed.
• By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
Property rights – works will become the property of the organizer (Razi Museum) & (Razi Prize) or theme sponsor. Further the cartoonist provides Royalty- free and license to publish and publicly display the entries (Whether winning or not winning an award) for purposes.
• By entering the competition, the cartoonist represents and warrants that the work is an original work of the cartoonist and does not infringe on the rights of any third parties.
• All selected works for exhibition may be used by the organizers to promote the contest .
• Submitted works will become the property of the organizer( Razi Museum)
• Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
• No correspondence with the jury will be allowed on their decisions.
The 10 selected people will receive an honorary diploma from the Razi Museum
An exhibition of the selected works will take place in the gallery