Published: 03 October 2022
Last Updated: 03 October 2022
Rules Of International Cartoon Contest "Golden Hat" Knokke Heist/Belgium,2023
REGISTRATION FROM 1 SEPTEMBER 2022
All persons over 18 years of age are eligible to participate in this international contest. Participants shall agree to the terms and conditions of the rules and the decisions of the jury. Belgian law governing withholding tax on prizes won by foreign participants applies.
Participation is free of charge.
A cartoon is a humorous drawing. This may be a caricature of a famous person, a parody of a real situation, or simply a picture of a funny situation. The cartoon may consist of one image or take the form of a short comic strip. No moving images allowed.
Participants are free to choose the theme of their entries.
- Maximum 5 submissions per person, black and white or colour.
- The cartoons must not contain text.
- Drawings can also be made digitally.
- They must be packaged flat and not folded.
- Works under glass, framed or in other materials will not be accepted.
- They must not have been exhibited in Belgium or awarded in other countries.
- Digital entries: min. 2480 x 3500 pixels (A4 300dpi). Allowed file types: jpg jpeg eps tif psd pdf.
- Entries may only be sent by post after the form has been completed on the website and the form is enclosed with the entry. Dimensions min. 21 x 30 cm or max. 30 x 42 cm. The entrant’s name, first name and address must be written on the back of each cartoon.
- Your participation is only valid if we have received your fully completed entry form on our website.
- Entries are submitted at the expense of the entrants.
- The selected cartoons wil be tramed with a passe-partout for the exhibition.
ORIGINALITY OF WORKS
The sender remains responsible for the originality of his work. Discussions and possible claims concerning all forms of plagiarism are the responsibility of the contributor.
By participating, entrants grant the organizing body the right to use their entries as advertising for the “International Cartoon Festival” and the seaside resort Knokke-Heist (e.g. as cartoon book, catalogue, advertising in the press and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and/or cartoon festival organizers, calendar).
A professional jury will make a selection for the exhibition from the submissions received and will select 10 nominees.
This selection will be checked for plagiarism after which the jury can decide to make a selection.
The winners will be announced on the opening date of the festival.
OWNERSHIP BY ORGANIZING BODY
All submitted works shall become the property of the organizing body related to the cartoon festival.
You can ask for a return of the submitted items on your expence. Submitted works will be stored for maximum 2 years.
In collaboration with “Davidsfonds” Leuven, a cartoon book will be published, subject to budgetary and technical constraints. Selected participants will be entitled to one copy.
- Golden Hat 5.000 € *
- Silver Hat 2.000 € *
- Bronze Hat 1.000 € *
- Audience Award 500 €
* + flight and hotelaccommodation in Knokke-Heist during the opening (one night).
City of Knokke-Heist / Culture House
Maxim Willemspad 1 , 8300 Knokke-Heist
Phone +32 50 63 04 30