Published: 04 March 2022
Last Updated: 04 March 2022
REGULATION OF FESTAS DE LISBOA'22 SARDINE CONTEST/PORTUGAL
(Object and copyright)
1. The “Festas de Lisboa'22 Sardine Contest” is an initiative run by Empresa de Gestão de Equipamentos e Animação
Cultural, E.M., S.A, hereinafter referred to as EGEAC. It aims to encourage as many people as possible to produce
sardine designs to be used in the Festas de Lisboa’22 communication campaign.
2. The sardine designs submitted as part of this contest are intended to be used freely by EGEAC, under the terms and
criteria defined by EGEAC, in any and all materials produced in the promotion, dissemination and/or communication of
the “Festas de Lisboa”, including in exhibitions, freely distributed publications, social media and promotional spots,
3. Ownership of the copyright of the sardine designs submitted as part of this contest belong to EGEAC for the purposes
foreseen here, in accordance with the provisions set out in article 14, paragraph 1 of the Code for Copyright and Related
Rights. As such, EGEAC will hold the rights over them as provided for in articles 67, 68 and 159 of the abovementioned
Code, namely the right to: reproduce, distribute and publicly communicate the designs, including the right to disseminate
and publish them in the press or otherwise display them in public; to distribute them or disseminate them by any means
of sign, sound or image reproduction; to adapt them to any physical structure; to make any modifications to them; to
use them within other pieces of work; and to reproduce them, directly or indirectly, temporarily or permanently, by any
means and in any form, as a whole or in part.
4. EGEAC’s use of the sardine designs submitted as part of this contest for non-commercial ends, without any time
limitations or other limitations, does not confer on the respective author(s) the right to any supplementary payments
or benefits, be they financial or of any other nature.
5. EGEAC’s use of the sardine designs submitted as part of this contest for commercial purposes will always be the
subject of a specific agreement to be detailed in a contract and signed by both parties.
6. Sardine designs submitted as part of this contest must make reference to their participation in the “Festas de Lisboa’22
Sardine Contest” whenever they are used by their creators or third parties. EGEAC must also be made aware of their
7. Participation in this contest, through the submission of a design, presupposes the understanding and complete and
unreserved acceptance of the conditions set out in these Regulations, as well as the specific, informed, and unequivocal
acceptance of the collection, use, recording and processing of the personal data provided during the application process,
in accordance with the terms of the Declaration of Informed Consent, which is a part of the entry form.
1. The “Festas de Lisboa'22 Sardine Contest is aimed at people of all ages: Portuguese nationals; foreigners, both
resident and non-resident in Portugal; groups and individuals;
2. The following persons may not enter the contest: employees or partners of EGEAC or the Câmara Municipal de
Lisboa; members of the Jury. The spouses, partners, children, and parents of the aforementioned persons may also not
enter the contest.
(Conditions of participation)
1. Entries may be submitted individually or jointly (co-authorship), with each applicant allowed to submit a maximum
of three sardine designs.
2. Entrants are responsible for the originality of the designs submitted, which must be of their own authorship, and are
legally liable for any third-party claims relating to copyright, related rights and personality rights arising from applicable
(Essential requirements for design entries)
1. Sardine design entries must be previously unpublished and original.
2. Design entries submitted must be recognisable as sardines and not confused with other any fish; a sardine-shaped
outline is available on the following website: www.culturanarua.pt.
3. Sardine design entries may be produced using any technique, manually (on paper/cardboard, collages, photographs
or three-dimensional objects) or digitally. Manual designs must be photographed and/or digita
4. Sardine design entries may not contain any element identifying their creator(s), or make reference to brands or logos,
including ”Festas de Lisboa”.
(Registering for the contest and submitting designs)
1. You can register for the contest by completing the entry form on www.culturanarua.pt.
2. Registration of contest entrants in “Festas de Lisboa'22” Sardine Contest” must comply with the following guidelines:
i) Entries by Minors: registration must be completed in the name of the minor, with the responsible
adult providing their own details in the relevant section;
ii) Joint entries (co-authorship): registration must be completed in the name of the person who will
be the focal point, with other contributors identified in the relevant section:
iii) Entries by entities, companies, educational institutions, IPSS (Private Social Solidarity Institutions),
non-profit organisations, and other groups: registration must be completed under the name of the
group, with the person responsible for the entry providing their own details in the relevant section.
4. Sardine designs must be submitted digitally as part of the registration completed on www.culturanarua.pt by
uploading a JPEG/JPG file (max. 50MB), A3 size (42cm x 29.7cm) and with a resolution of 300dpi.
(Contest calendar and announcement of results)
1. The contest calendar is as follows.
a) The deadline for the submission of designs is until 6pm of the 4th of April 2022.
b) The winning designs will be announced until the 31st of May 2022.
2. “Festas de Lisboa’22 Sardine Contest” winners will be informed by email and/or telephone.
1. The contest consists of the following stages:
a) Jury shortlisting of 100 (one hundred) sardine designs.
b) Selection of 5 (five) winning sardine designs from amongst the 100 (one hundred) designs referred to in
2. The designs are selected by the Jury without any features identifying their creators, thereby ensuring their anonymity.
1. The 5 (five) winning sardine designs will be awarded prizes.
2. Each winning design will be awarded a net cash prize of €1,000 (one thousand euros).
3. Prizes will be awarded upon the presentation of a receipt in accordance with Portuguese tax law.
(Contest Jury and selection)
1. The Jury is appointed by EGEAC.
2. The Jury selecting the winning sardine designs will take the following factors into consideration:
a) The design’s creativity and originality.
b) The design’s legibility and adaptability to other communication materials.
3. The Jury’s selections will be made by majority decision and are not subject to appeal or complaint.
1. Any queries relating to the interpretation of these Regulations must be sent to the following email address:
2. The resolution of any queries relating to the interpretation of these Regulations, as well as any omissions, is the
exclusive responsibility of EGEAC and will be communicated by EGEAC by whatever means it deems appropri.