Published: 28 July 2023
Last Updated: 28 July 2023
32nd Festival Of Humour In Art/ITALY, 2023
ART. 1 – SCOPE
The Municipality of Tolentino convenes and organises the 32nd Biennale Internazionale dell’Umorismo nell’Arte (32nd Festival of Humour in Art) – a prize contest focused on humor in art.
The contest is divided into two sections:
1. “Premio Internazionale Città di Tolentino” (City of Tolentino International Award) – for humorous art with a free theme.
2. “Premio Luigi Mari” (Luigi Mari Award) for caricatures of illustrious figures.
The contest comprises:
– a selection of the competing entries by a qualified jury. The artworks so singled out will be exhibited at the venue of the 32nd Biennale Internazionale dell’Umorismo nell’Arte, from November 24, 2023 throughout January 28, 2024.
– publication of a complimentary catalogue that will be presented to the authors of the selected works;
– a prize awarding event.
Against the backdrop of the festival is a commendation for Humor on the internet awarded for products at the cutting edge of communications technology that shatter the stereotypical patterns typical of traditional comedy.
ART. 2 – HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The contest is open to contemporary artists of any nationality and any age, who are allowed to enter a maximum of three works which must be unreleased and authentic, free in size and technique, and performed in whatever form of visual art, material and support – pictorial, graphics, sculpture and installation, photography and video. Computer-aided digital visuals, as well as photographic source artworks with purely structural digital fix are also allowed to enter the contest.
– Each author is required to attach the participation form, completed in full and duly signed. Each work must be accompanied by the appropriate label.
– The participation form and coupon can be downloaded from the website www.biumor.com.
– The jury-selected works for the exhibition will be requested from the author in their original form.
ART. 3 – DEADLINE
The deadline to enter the contest is October 23, 2023.
ART. 4 – JURY
Admission of the works, their selection for display and the awarding of prizes are exclusive competence of the jury nominated by the Municipality of Tolentino in consultation with the Artistic Director. The jury’s decision is final and irrevocable.
ART. 5 – AWARDS
The Jury will award below prizes:
– “Premio Internazionale Città di Tolentino” (City of Tolentino International Award) for humour in art with a free theme:
1st money prize – € 3,000.00, will be awarded to the winner of the 2023 Exhibition. In case of a tie, the prize money awarded will be split among the winners.
2nd Prize – € 1,000.00
– “Premio Luigi Mari” (Luigi Mari Award) for caricatures of illustrious figures
1st Prize – € 1,000.00
– Other special commendations may possibly be awarded by the jury.
All monetary awards are subject to gross taxation.
ART. 6 – RETURN OF WORKS
The prize winning works will not be returned, they shall remain the property of the Municipality of Tolentino and will become part of the collection of MIUMOR – the International Museum of Humour in Art.
– The works selected for the exhibition, if expressly donated by the Author shall remain the property of the Municipality of Tolentino, that is entitled to make a discretionary use of them.
– The works not expressly donated can be collected from the MIUMOR as from 28 February 2024 personally by the artist or their delegate; alternatively they can be returned, not earlier than the thirtieth day after the scheduled closing date of the Exhibition, unless extended, if specifically indicated.
ART. 7 – LIABILITY
The Municipality of Tolentino, in its capacity as organizer of the event, pledges to the greatest care, custody and supervision over the length of time they will be at the venue of the Biennale Exhibition and during transportation, but declines all responsibility for theft, fire, damage or loss that may occur as a result of any unforeseen causes.
ART. 8 – USE AND REPRODUCTION OF WORKS
– Contestants allow the Municipality the right to reproduce any of the selected works free of charge for publication in the official catalogue of the Exhibition, in as many copies as the Municipality shall deem appropriate, including publication on the website and any other form of communication and promotion.
– The City is authorized to publish the works on any support, even for commercial purposes. In case of reproductions, the author will be mentioned in the habitual ways. The author allows free use of their work for popularization, cultural and recreational purposes, as well as for public enjoyment. The author must expressly renounce all rights to any compensation.
ART. 9 – CONSENT
Contestants expressly authorize the Municipality of – Tolentino to process the personal data in its possession in accordance with the personal data protection law, so as to include them in databases operated directly by the local administration or a third party appointed by it.
– As organizer of the 32nd Biennale Exhibition, the Municipality is entitled to adopt final decisions on all matters not mentioned in these Regulations.
– These are published on the website www.biumor.com in Italian, English, French and Spanish. In case of controversy, the Italian text shall prevail. Participation in the 32nd Biennale Internazionale dell’Umorismo nell’Arte implies unconditional acceptance of all items contained herein.
tel 0733.901365 / 0733.969797